Stainless steel cookware is not cheap. They are considered by cooking enthusiasts as a proper investment. Hence if you want to maintain its integrity, you must put effort into maintenance.
There are appropriate methods on how to clean stainless steel cookware and this you must do after using those items.
Regardless of the amount you invest on quality stainless steel cooking implements, you can be guaranteed that it is money that is spent wisely. You may not need to make use of other kinds of cookware.
In general, stainless steel material does not need lots of maintenance procedures. After every use,wash the items in warm, soapy water with a soft, clean cloth or rag before storage.
Typically, stainless steel is dishwasher-safe however lots of experts think dishwasher detergents have a negative influence on the material with time. In case you want to utilize the dishwasher as your main cleaning method, experts advise that the cookware must be taken away after the washing cycle then dried by hand to prevent the development of water spots.
Important Clean-up Tips
Here are some helpful steps on how to clean stainless steel cookware. Follow these steps and your cookware will retain its fantastic shape for a longer period of time.
- Make use of non-abrasive cleaners for cleaning the cookware and removing stains. These cleaners come in powdered and liquid forms.
- Do not use items like steel wool on stainless steel material since these items are very harsh on the cookware’s surface. While it can remove food remains stuck on the items, it will do more harm than good. To remove food bits, just make use of nylon or plastic brushes or scouring pads composed of nylon netting.
- Do not try using ammonia-type cleaners and chlorine bleach on stainless steel because like steel wool, they can damage the cookware.
- Check the water you are using. Water sources that have a significant amount of calcium impart a white, powdery residue on the cookware. When these remains surface, you should fill up the stainless-steel pan or pot with 3 parts water and add in 1 part vinegar. Heat the mix on a stove and wait for it to boil. Allow the mix to cool then wash the cookware with the hot, soapy water and dry it thoroughly after the wash.
You can also allow the water/vinegar mix to settle in the stainless-steel pot or pan for several minutes, scrub the mixture all over the pan’s surface that has the white calcium residue then rinse and wash the cookware the normal way.
- If the cookware acquires burnt food remains on it, you should fill up the cookware with enough amounts of warm, soapy water to cover the whole area then allow it to settle for 60 minutes. Following this step, you should heat the pan on the stove and allow it to boil for around 10-15 minutes. Let the water cool down then rub with a nylon scouring pad. Clean the cookware once more with hot, soapy water, rinse and dry thoroughly. Go over the whole procedure if the stain is persistent. To avoid having burnt food on the cookware, just remember to cook your food at correct temperature.
- If the cookware is riddled with fingerprints and you want them removed, use a glass cleaner on the cookware instead. Rinse the cookware carefully then dry it off with a soft cloth.
To give your stainless-steel cookware a longer life, you have to provide the correct care and maintenance it needs. Hopefully you will remember all those tips mentioned in this article on how to clean stainless steel cookware.
The investment in high-quality cooking implements will pay off and offer you and your family and friends with delicious, home-cooked food. The methods in this article will maintain the integrity of your chosen cookware material and allow it to last and make cooking a breeze for you.
Stainless steel cookware can be bought in department stores, kitchen gear stores and e-commerce shops online. Regardless of where you buy your cookware, make sure that it has excellent quality and that you are willing to put in the effort for appropriate care and maintenance for your investment.